Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am not getting books that I have requested from amazon. I

Customer Question

I am not getting books that I have requested from amazon. I quit receiving them in May
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a fire and about 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 3 months The Amazon account is in my wire's name but I am one of the "shared" adults. I have tried registering my phone and ipad but cannot add them My kindle is registered I checked
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I used to order the books to go the the kindle cloud, where I could access them from any device but that doesn't seem to be an option any more
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, let's try check and review the basics; ...have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I do that?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No i don't want to pay $20 to talk. How do I update the software?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

even if just for test purposes

Please click HERE.
Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually".
Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Didn't work
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

But was the upgrade successful?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, the device said I am current
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand.

Have you tried / can you please try (whichever is applicable):

• turn Off and restart/re-boot the Kindle;
  • disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the book fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the ebook that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the book be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did all of the a bove. Nothing
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Is the Kindle able to go online? ...connected to the Internet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
of course
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Then it would appear that it is not a Kindle issue but settings of "Manage Your Household" of your wife's account.

Has she reviewed/re-checked this?