E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Is my kindle fire 6 upgradeable? It's so slow, and it keeps…

Customer Question
Is my kindle fire...

Is my kindle fire 6 upgradeable? It's so slow, and it keeps telling me I'm out of room, that I should delete some things. I DO NOT want to delete ANY books or Audible files.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire 6. Got for Christmas

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since forever. I got rid of any unnecessary apps

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

The Kindle itself cannot be upgraded, they are not made like a computer.

But do this and tell me if it improves.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and see how it performs.

Let me know the results please

Thank you