E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Cant register device, 4th gen kendle fire, I dont know I…

Customer Question
Cant register device Technician's...

Cant register device

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

4th gen kendle fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

I dont know I bought it used

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Everything I cam think pf to register made an account etc. Using browser

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and based on "...bought it used...", was the Kindle de-registered by the previous owner prior to the transfer of ownership?

I dont know

If the Kindle was previously registered to another user, then Amazon would prevent it being registered to a new user. This is a security measure and there is no workaround.

The only solution would be for the first owner to de-register it from his/her account. It can and may be done even on a computer and not necessarily on the Kindle device.

Would the steps to do this serve your need please?

If have not been tried by the previous owner...To deregister a device:

1. From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
  2. Click Your devices.
  3. Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device.