E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I get a fire 7 to work? It is a fire 7 I bought it 1…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get a fire 7 to work?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a fire 7 I bought it 1 hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has no instruction book. It asks for a system address.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
To register your Kindle Fire, your device must be connected to a wireless network.
That may be what it is asking for.
Your Kindle Fire automatically detects nearby Wi-Fi networks and wireless hotspots that broadcast their network name. Some networks are open for everyone to join, while others require a password ***** connect. You can connect your Kindle Fire to your home Wi-Fi network, public Wi-Fi networks, and some enterprise private networks.Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock image of lock icon
icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.
Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network again when it's in range. If more than one network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the last network used.To buy and deliver Kindle content, register your Kindle Fire to an Amazon account. Registering also allows you to transfer purchases between devices and Kindle reading apps.To register your Kindle Fire:From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap More.
Tap My Account.
Tap Register.
If you already have an Amazon account: Enter your Amazon account information.
If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap Create Account to set up a new account.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!