E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle will not connect to wireless. I restarted 3 times

Customer Question
My Kindle will not connect...
My Kindle will not connect to wireless. I restarted 3 times and it still doesn't work. If I set by to factory defaults will I lose my books that are already on my kindle and will I have to register my Kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 2.5.6(501108064)
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Serial # B002A1A09866042
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: jUST THIS EVENING
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.
Did that work for you?
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician