E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I simply forgot my password, Need to reset, How? Nothing…

Customer Question
I simply forgot my...

I simply forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Need to reset

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The e-reader expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

How?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else Just a reset

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 11 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
To unlock and reset your Kindle, Paperwhite or Fire:
1. On a Kindle Fire (any model) attempt to enter a password—any string of characters will do—five times in a row. After the fifth failed attempt, you’ll be prompted to reset the Fire without having to go through the menus as described above.2. On a regular Kindle, Kindle Touch or Paperwhite, reset your Kindle by entering “111222777″ as the parental controls / screen lock password.- For kindle keyboard> Type resetmykindle into the passcode field.
- Press the Enter key (below the Del key).Now the device is unlocked, but it’s also been cleared of all the content you’ve downloaded to it and it’s been totally disconnected from your Amazon account, so you’ll need to go through the set-up screens to re-register it and then re-download whatever content you’d like to have on it again.
Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!

Did that work for you?