E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a new Kindle that will not hook up to my WI-FI

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me a bit more about the problem: when you try to connect, by touching the antenna icon, etc., what happens? and where does it go wrong?

If there's an error message in words, please tell me the full and exact text of the error message, also.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your Kindle is unable to connect to your local network 616Y3

OK - I presume there is a password ***** passphrase for those to enter who wish to connect to your WiFi local network (616Y3 is its SSID or wireless name, I am guessing) ?

Are you entering it on the new Kindle with careful observance of the UPPER CASE letters and the lower-case letters in the password ***** entered properly? that is necessary, or you'll get that sort of error message.

Have you any other wireless or WiFi about that you can try connecting to new Kindle to just as a test?

And I presume that you have

A. other devices locally, whether tablet or computer or phone, that are connected to the WiFi currently?

and

B. previously connected Kindles to the WiFi - so you are not new to the process.... ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no my old kindle was hooked up to 616P3
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whats going on

OK. I think that you may have a defective Kindle, regrettable as it is. You obviously know how to do the connecting, you have other devices that are working just fine off the WiFi, you have not (I am presuming!) changed your Internet provider nor reset the router nor swapped out the router box nor any of the boxes involved in the network... but you cannot connect! the new Kindle, anyway.

So the Kindle is defective, is the most likely conclusion. Pack it up and return it, after immediately informing the seller or vendor of the defect, and asking for a return/exchange arrangement to get another Kindle of equal value or equivalent value and capabilities.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do I do next

The answer to your question depends upon who, or what co. or vendor or store, you bought the new Kindle from, please ? tell me and I will instruct you.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

...who, or what co. or vendor or store, did you buy the new Kindle from, please ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought from Amazon prime
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Amazon prime

OK. Then you should call 1(###) ###-#### (Amazon) and tell them you have just bought a Kindle that turns out to be defective, and would like to ask for a return and exchange for another Kindle. They are good, Amazon's repute for customer relations is so superb, that you will no doubt receive another one forthwith (though you will have to pack up and send the one you got back to them. They will give you instructions on how to go about that.)