E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just purchased a fire HD8 - as I' reading or playing a…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a fire HD8 - as I' reading or playing a game the screen dims and brightens randomly. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I purchased it from amazon it is Fire HD8 tablet (71t generation).

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HD8? What have you tried so far?

I purchased it a few days ago but did not notice the dimming and brightening until having used it for a few days.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Such dimming and brightening of the screen is highly unusual. It is nothing standard, and not a feature nor a setting - unless you are using the device in highly varying lighting conditions, doubtfully.

So I think you would be perfectly justified in reporting the defect and sending it back to the vendor for an exchange for another in fully working condition - or for a refund, should you so choose.

I don't know who the vendor of this device is - Amazon? you seem to have said. If Amazon, contact their Customer Support at 1(###) ###-#### and report this problem, and they will with their usual high-quality customer service, immediately give you instructions on returning it and getting another one in exchange, I feel sure.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.