Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I cannot get into my kindle. It is a Kindle Fire. Tried to

Customer Question

I cannot get into my kindle.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Kindle Fire.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to set new password. It comes on with my nAME. Jackie Bowen, and will not let me type in my email address.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just confirm
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You may have to reset your Kindle, by holding down the Power button or Power switch for 20+ seconds until it starts to reboot, then waiting several minutes while it wipes the Kindle back to factory condition and then prompts you for basic setup info such as Language and perhaps Time and Date.

This would wipe all data off your Kindle device, though, making it as if new from the store or new from Amazon.com. You could reload your e-books from your Amazon.com account afterward with no additional charge... but other content such as notes and bookmarks would be lost.

What do you think? this would reset your password, but also everything else (except your online Amazon.com account and what you have bought there.)

- Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

- If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did not want to wipe kindle clean. So figured it out myself. Thank you

I'm glad to hear that a solution has been reached, by whatever means. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. Please have a pleasant day.