Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Somehow I lost the bottom of the page info that show times

Customer Question

Somehow I lost the bottom of the page info that show times left and % read. How can I get this info back? Thanks.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know model but I bought it about a little over a year ago at Best Buy for about 125.00.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About two months. I have looked a little but have not found anything that would lead me to try to add it back.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
Is this an Amazon Kindle you're referring to today?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.