E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am a member of Kindle, yesterday I tried to buy a book…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** and I am a member of Kindle, yesterday I tried to buy a book called Exile and I think I actually bought it twice. I then got a message to say that the book will be in my library at a later stage, but I can't find it anywhere. When I click on Library it does not show. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I had a few books a few months back but did not buy any since. and last night was the first time in ages that I tried.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I also had some trouble with kindle as they charged my Amex every month 13.99 even when I didn't purchase a book. So I told amex to block payment for the monthly charge but I hope I am still a member of kindle even if not with kindle unlimited

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there Bernie :) My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Generally speaking, Amazon/Kindle will not allow you to buy the same book twice. You should receive a message telling you that you already own the book if you try to do so. However, the best way to be sure is to log on to your Kindle account at the Amazon website. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. "Choose deliver to other"as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Regarding the charge for Kindle Unlimited=, the best way to handle that problem would have been to log in to your Amazon account at www.amazon.com.au/‎, select YOUR ACCOUNT and then YOUR KINDLE UNLIMITED ( or go directly to https://www.amazon.com.au/kindle-dbs/ku) and cancel the Kindle Unlimited Account from there. Because you blocked the charge with your credit card company this may have affected your billing status for everything billed by Amazon.

Your password ***** your Kindle account your Kindle devices and reading apps should be the same as the password ***** your Amazon account. If you are unsure what your password ***** please go to www.amazon.com.au and click on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. on the next screen, enter the email address associated with your Amazon account. Follow the instructions on the screen to reset your Amazon password ***** then use that same password ***** register your Kindle or access your Kindle reading APP.

If for any reason you are unable to login and need help sorting this out you can contact someone who can help you via phone by calling Freephone 1800 064 122 within Australia, or 0800 453 249 within New Zealand. If you can provide enough personal info (including full name on account, billing address, and possibly billing info) they can help you with regaining access to your account, and sorting out any billing issues.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!