Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have an older model of Kindle Fire. It is no longer taking

Customer Question

I have an older model of Kindle Fire. It is no longer taking a charge and the battery is run down. I've tried different chargers. Any advice?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Where would I find that information? It's about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The charge connection has been weak for years and in the last month, it hasn't been charging at all. I'd have to wiggle the connection to get the solid orange light
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way I can transfer the data on this old model to a new one...especially the saved photos, over 2000 of them.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, if you can't get it to power up there is no way to access the data on it. Sorry.
If the pics are very important to you then I can recommend this option for you. Replace the Kindle battery with a new battery that has charge in it, then connect the Kindle to your computer and transfer the pics.