E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle will not respond to anything, not even turn off,

Customer Question
My Kindle will not...

My Kindle will not respond to anything, not even turn off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

About 2 years old. On the back it says Do

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first time it has happened. I can't try anything because it doesn't respond to anything. It just froze up. I am not sure of the model, CE0700 is the number on the back.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 11 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Let's try resetting your Kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.Please remove the USB cable also.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your Kindle for at least 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for at least 25 seconds.

Tell me how it goes!