E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My screen mysteriously stopped working yesterday. Obviously,

Customer Question
My screen mysteriously stopped...

My screen mysteriously stopped working yesterday. Obviously, I cannot contact mayday. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle Fire phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Fire Phone?

I am an old lady! What does this mean?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Fire Phone? What have you tried so far?

I purchased it in 2012

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?

No it was working fine Thursday morning. I tried to read Daily Mail and it would not bring up the news. Then the entire screen went blank. My last photots of my Mom is on this. She passed away on March 10th.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try