E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Somehow was disconnected. My problem is that my Kindle

Customer Question
Somehow was disconnected....

Somehow was disconnected. My problem is that my Kindle membership is expired and I don't know how to go about renewing it. I don't want anything but the kind of membership I have had. My name is*****

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Amazon Kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Amazon Kindle Model #D00801 Don't know how old -- have had it a long time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
All I want to know is how to go about renewing my membership
There is no problem with my Kindle -- just need to know how to renew my membership!!!!!!!!!!
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Kindle devices work through

A. being connected to WiFi - be sure you are connected to WiFi - and Internet.

B. being registered to your Amazon.com account

and C. that's about it. "Membership" or "expiration" does not apply.

- Do you see a message or popup about something expiring? it might be a scam message.

- Does your Kindle just plain not work, and has it been idle or unused or not connected since before March 2016? if so, it may be missing a critical update issued about then, and special procedures to get it working will have to be followed, by connecting it to a computer and doing certain things. Let me know if that appears to be the case, and I will advise and instruct you further as to how to go about restoring function to your Kindle device.

This message appeared on the screen of my Kindle: "The Kindle Unlimited title was automatically returned because your Kindle Unlimited membership has expired. You can renew your subscription to Kindle unlimited at any time.
No. If all else fails, I have access to another Kindle and don't want to waste $20.
If there's no membership fee, how do I get around this message and get access to books?

Kindle Unlimited is different. I hadn't heard of it before; it may be new.

Kindle Unlimited membership is about $9.99 per month.

Go to

Manage your Kindle Unlimited Membership

( https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/ku/ku_central )

and click/tap on Edit Payment Settings, to register a different card, for instance. If you'd like to pay another way, do otherwise - or let me know and I will guide you in specifics, if you need advice.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.