Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I cannot connect my kindle to my home wifi. It was connected

Customer Question

I cannot connect my kindle to my home wifi. It was connected but this morning I went to download a book and it said I wasn't connected. When I went into settings to reconnect it puts in my code and then comes up with the lock symbol and forget beside it? When I first bought my kindle it was on 3G but I connected it to my home wifi. Now I don't seem to be able to connect to anything.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a kindle 3.1 and is approx 6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday I sent an email to amazon asking how I could get back to the 3G instead of my home wifi as I am about to travelling. This morning I go to download another book and this has happened.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware. I have turned the kindle off at the settings and restarted it and tried to log on again and no luck
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?