E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot connect my kindle to my home wifi. It was connected…

Customer Question
I cannot connect my...

I cannot connect my kindle to my home wifi. It was connected but this morning I went to download a book and it said I wasn't connected. When I went into settings to reconnect it puts in my code and then comes up with the lock symbol and forget beside it? When I first bought my kindle it was on 3G but I connected it to my home wifi. Now I don't seem to be able to connect to anything.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle 3.1 and is approx 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday I sent an email to amazon asking how I could get back to the 3G instead of my home wifi as I am about to travelling. This morning I go to download another book and this has happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware. I have turned the kindle off at the settings and restarted it and tried to log on again and no luck

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?