E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle 2nd generation I think, model d00901 that…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle 2nd generation I think, model d00901 that has part of the screen that has been pressed and I don't get any view, it isn't cracked but I need a new screen and I don't want to give this kindle up I love it where do I get it fixed!???

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

It isn't charging issue I have another kindle that I have been using while looking for a repair for this one. It charges fine I can only read the 2nd halve of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

You are not understanding the problem. It was pressed on and the screen needs a repair

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

I just want a way to repair not replace

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, there are several options for you here.

1) Amazon still does sell the D00901, so you could replace it, and once it's registered- all of your books and downloaded content WILL sync and appear on the new device.

2) You could opt to purchase and replace the screen yourself. The site below sells the screen along with tools to perform the repair, and there are videos online that show you how to perform this work:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-6-inch-For-AMAZON-KINDLE-3-D00901-LCD-Display-Screen-Replacement-Parts-Tools/32661288699.html?spm=2114.search0302.4.2.SXPqRS

3) The folks at the website below specialize in Kindle and e-reader repairs, and can replace the screen for you if you mail them your Kindle (although this may not be cost effective as a new one is likely not much more than the cost of repairing this one):

http://www.missionrepair.com

Below are the current offerings of Amazon Kindle. While your model number is ***** not shown- there are several that are identical enough to function in the same way you're used to:

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6669702011&tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=208988525962&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10525408145454224863&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001641&hvtargid=kwd-305533818220&ref=pd_sl_j2yya4doc_e

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Did you need further assistance with this?