E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to set up my Kindle Paper and have put in my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my Kindle Paper White and have put in my correct WIFI password ***** it says "Kindle is unable to connect.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about two years old--possibly three. Amazon. It says on back CE 0700.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was working on the phone with one of your technisians, and he disabled it back to factory mode.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

We reset the time. I have Eastern Standard time, but it now says 9:04 PM.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 11 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.
The problem is finally resolved after about 3 hours on phone--thank you--I will need no further help.
That's great news!
Thanks for letting me know.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!