Eric, Hobbyist
Experience:  I am an Android App Developer with a strong knowledge of Personal Electronic Devices.
57442719

HOW do I connect to Wi-Fi to update my Kindle. We have it in

Customer Question

HOW do I connect to Wi-Fi to update my Kindle. We have it in the house.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's old. I've had it 5-6 years. We changed servers from Cox (I had Wi-Fi) on my Kindle) to AT&T. Now it's not connected
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: First try.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for services like Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them. I will let you know if I recommend we use one.
  • I am on no way credited for my assistance with you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating
  • When you rate, you are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Do you know the name of your new WiFi network with AT&T? Do you know if they DID setup a WiFi network for you in the home? If so, do you know the password?

If not, it is ok, we can figure it out, but we just need to figure out where to start first.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Internet Password: ###-##-#### My Kindle Model is: D00901, June 2010.How do I get WiFi back on my Kindle with AT&T?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

As long as you know the name of your wifi network and the password, give me just a moment and I will post the instructions for you to connect to the network :)

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and not this website or your device. If for ANY reason you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

1. Slide your finger down from the top to reveal the options
  2. Press Menu (the three lines stacked)
  3. Choose Wireless (WiFi)
  4. If WiFi is not turned on, turn it on
  5. Select the Network you want to connect to
  6. Enter your password

Feel free to ask any follow up questions if needed :)

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

2. Press Menu (the three lines stacked)
  3. Choose Wireless (WiFi)
  4. If WiFi is not turned on, turn it on
  6. Enter your password