Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Just got my new kindle reader but can't get started

Customer Question

just got my new kindle reader but can't get started connecting to wi-fi--how?
JA: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?
Customer: yes but my daughter keeps showing up. I want my own name but I'm having trouble getting past that of her network
JA: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?
Customer: yes unforuntely she hooked in to everything. ihve the computer and phone.but its all connecting with her. of course since she's paying the bill I can't get around her. best for me to wait till she home from work but she doesnt know i have the new kindle..
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason