Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My husband,Colin,bought me a kindle on May 6 2011. It has

Customer Question

My husband,Colin,bought me a kindle on May 6 2011. It has been registered as Colin's kindle. In Jan 2017 we received a note to say that we need to update/refresh his American Express Card.We duly did this and continued using the kindle. I the attempted to purchase a book on June 4 2017 and this purchase was declined as a book I had already received and read had not been paid for. So now we went on line and duly updated everything again by clicking Update 1-click payment information. We submitted our new email address and to date nothing has changed. Now what?? I apparently have unpaid books but your system is not operating properly. I live in SA and cannot just phone you.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not been able to use the kindle since June. January 2017 was when the American Express card was renewed and that was all fine.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - just please help me sort this out. I am currently at work so won't get the emails until my husband gets home tonight.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you