Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I just purchased a firetv stick and trying to set it up an

Customer Question

I just purchased a firetv stick and trying to set it up an it keeps asking me for my correct name, which I've put in 3 times already..what am I doing wrong??
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: where do I find that info? It's brand new..jsut got it in the mail today..
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I connected the fire stick to my tv and trying to set it up but it won't get pasts all the questions with my name, email, etc...
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just would like to set it up to see if it works correctly..thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

A firestick should never ask for your name, but rather for your wifi network and password, and for your amazon account and password. Can you tell me exactly what you are seeing on the screen currently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Trying to do the registration for the fire stick..my name is ***** ***** screen currently
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't see paying more money for answers when I'm just trying to set up the fire stick..sorry! I feel as tho I paid enough for the fire stick and should not have to pay more to set it up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The tv says...enter the characters as they are given in the challenge...what are they talking about??? What challenge??
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I am not asking you to.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You did pay the agreed upon fees for the chat support here though. For this to be productive, please focus on the conversation here and disregard those other offers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I get out of that screen then???
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

The first step here is connecting to wifi, if you have not done so already. Following that is registration.

The registration step requires entering your email address and your amazon account password.

It is possible that it will ask you a security question, and if so, that is what it would be asking about a "challenge", such as a "captcha" where it displays an image as part of a security step (to prevent automated systems from trying to hack the amazon servers) where you'd type in whatever letters/numbers show on the screen as a confirmation that you are a human being.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't remember my amazon password...sorry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is my log in my e-mail??
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nathan..where are you???
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

no, the username would be your email address.

Your password ***** ***** amazon account password. It is possible you clicked on a "forgot password" option on the tv screen and that is why it was doing the security challenge step.

The password ***** ***** requirement, you can't register without it. If you don't remember it, you'll have to reset it, which is best done on your computer.

To do that, click here: Forgot your password?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply. You paid the fee for the first chat already. That is also not just 5, that was only the deposit to post your question. The extra amounts for the call you may ignore, as I explained earlier. Opening entirely new questions costs you additional chat fees, though I've gone back and closed the other duplicate for you.

Please reply back here on this page when ready. I sent you reset instructions above.