Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Experience:  Software Development Engineer at Dell
94796889

I just purchased a kindle nd set up an Amazon Acoout, I put

Customer Question

Hi I just purchased a kindle nd set up an Amazon Acoout
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I put in the username an password ***** my kindle does not register - i get a message Unable to connect . there was an error whilst registering your kindle Please try again later. I bought it yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what i said it will not allow to register my amazon ac
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 2 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question. Congratulations on your new Kindle. So this is a brand new Amazon account and a new Kindle, right?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
paper white
Right, kindle paperwhite. Is the Amazon account a new account?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
oK - I am getting really annoyed . All that is happening is the my Kindle paper white which i bought yesterday will not register with my Amazon password ***** get a message Unable to connect please try again later. I have pais $% twice to get my question answered and all i need is an answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i mean is $5 twice and a message saying if you pay me $28 you will call me. A clear breach of consumer law in Australia
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the account is a new account
I am sorry you are getting annoyed. You should only ever pay once for a question. If you accidentally made a duplicate question you can contact customer service for a refund or the 5 dollar deposit for the duplicate question.Now my job is to help you with your technical question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry do you mean each time I ask a question I have to pay $5?
I did some research on your issue and assuming you created the Amazon account on a computer and then were successful in connecting to the internet with your Kindle via wifi or 3g (on the models that support it)....The fastest and easiest fix would be to create a new account with the same information you used with the first question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i does do that. how do I create a new account? i want to use the email I have set up?
Just Answer, this website, is a paid support site. You pay a $5 deposit when you ask a question that is fully refundable if you are not satisfied. If you are then then you rate me positive and then the balance is charged. Or you can sign up for a membership and then I believe you get unlimited questions.
I would try using a different email for the second account if possible.
I am actually an independent contractor who is only paid to help you with your questions. So customer service is made up of just answer employees if you want to know about pricing you'd want to to ask them.