Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

It keeps flashing when I try to use it, I'm sorry ,all I

Customer Question

It keeps flashing when I try to use it
JA: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: I'm sorry ,all I know is it a kindle fire .had it a while
JA: How old is your Kindle Fire?
Customer: Over 5yrs not much use
JA: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?
Customer: Making sure I have wifi. I'm not tech savvy, at all its flashing all the time
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It closes apps I have open
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.