Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I had to change my amazon accout and now I show no devices

Customer Question

I had to change my amazon accout and now I show no devices showing to load the books that I purchased. Help!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is an iPad 2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: aweek. Someone hacked my amazon account. I called amazon with no luck. They were actually quite rude!
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Oh no! That sounds really, really frustrating to say the least!

So, the issue as I understand it is that you had a bunch of books on your iPad, someone hacked your amazon account, so you called Amazon and they wouldn't help you, so you just created a new Amazon account, and once you signed in with the new account on your iPad, your books vanished, right?

That makes sense because the Kindle app is designed to sync with your account, and your new account wouldn't have the books. Now, it is technically possible to break the encryption on the books if you have the files, but I think the better solution would be to recover your Amazon account. That way everything you purchased would automatically restore and it's also easier. Would you like to go that route?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just want to be able to load new books thru my amazon account to my kindle app on my ipad
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i do not wish to pay 30.00 for nothing!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you reply online?

I can chat with you here yes. I was going to call you, but I got a message that the payment method you attempted to use failed.

When that happens usually customer service will reach out to you to figure that out and then I can give you a call.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would refer online help

Just in case it wasn't clear on the website, I can help you here via this chat or I can call you. The phone call is considered a "premium service" and there is an extra charge for that.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Online help would be fine. Sorry for the confusion.

So you have two Amazon accounts, right? One that we'll call your old account and that is the one that's hacked. The new account is the one you opened after that. Am I correct so far in my understanding?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

No problem! sometimes computers can be confusing! That's what I'm here for. By the way, just to clear up how this works - you put a deposit down to ask your question. Once I give you help and you are happy with the help I give you, if you can please give me a positive rating I'd appreciate it. I actually make no money until you rate me, and at that point you are charged for the remaining balance for the price of your question.

Okay, great.

So do have books or anything purchased on your old account? How about your new account?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ho much will I be charged?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not care about the old books.

You would be charged the amount that was displayed when you submitted your question initially. I am an independent expert, so I don't work directly for Just Answer, so I don't have the amount. You can contact Just Answer customer service for that information: 1(###) ###-####/p>

Or you can contact them via this form if you wish:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Note, they may not answer instantly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
New books could not be purched beaue there was no device to load them to

If you want to check with them and then reply here, I get an email for every reply you send, so I'll be able to respond pretty quickly once you are ready.

Would you like to proceed now, check with them, or opt out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If i call kindle customer service will I be charged?

No, Kindle support from Amazon is free. Just Answer (this site) is a paid support service.

I was offering to help you because my understanding was you were aware of that, though I don't want to mislead you. We are a 3rd party that helps with all manner of things - so basically we fill in the gaps if you aren't getting the support you need from the company that makes the product. If you want to request a refund for your deposit and contact Amazon, I understand. If you want my help, I am willing to do so if you would like to hire me for that. Totally your choice. :)