Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I bought a Kindle Paperwhite a few months ago and I am not

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I bought a Kindle Paperwhite a few months ago and I am not sure that it is working properly. I have not had any previous experience with a Paperwhite or an E-Reader so I am not sure how one is supposed to work. I have trouble using the wings when I want to highlight something. They don't move smoothly or as completely as I need. When I touch the screen to turn the page, am I supposed to see a flash of the next page as a negative image before a resolution to the new page? The screen has been locking, going back to a book ad and I need to swipe the screen to go back to my reading, Is that supposed to happen?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Kindle Paperwhite, purchased in June of 2017. Can I find the model on the device?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The negative image thing has been going on since I first started using it. It was worse but improved as I used it. Didn't find any trouble shooting tips that seemed to address the issues.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so right now.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

It has been a while since we have communicated -- The question is still open which means that you may still need help and I have not been credited with helping you.

If you still need help, please reply back here so that I can help you.

If the issue is resolved or you do not need help anymore/would like to close the question, please take a minute and use the star rating at the top of this page to rate our session as 5 stars then press Submit which allows me to receive credit for helping you.