E-Rusty
E-Rusty, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader expert. Let me help you with your device.
63817454

I have a 2012 Kindle, a Kindle paperwhite and I just got a

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kindle, a Kindle paperwhite and I just got a Fire 8. When I open the new one the screen is black; it doesn't open up like the others.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: HD8-I got it about 3 weeks ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turn it on with the switch at the top. I need to know how to get the manual.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also need to change the name on it because my books on the other fire didn't automatically come up on the new one.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  E-Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  E-Rusty replied 3 months ago.

The user guide is found by swiping from the top, tap help, then tap user guide. There's also an online version, click here.

To change the name, you do that on Amazon.com. Log into your account, then follow these steps:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. From Your Devices, select the Fire or Kindle device or Kindle reading app you'd like to edit the name of.
  3. Select Edit next to the name of the device or Kindle reading app.
  4. Enter the desired name and click Save.

All of your content is managed through that account, and that's also where you manage your devices.