Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My attempts to synch /load new documents to my Kindle gets a

Customer Question

My attempts to synch /load new documents to my Kindle gets a corrupt message how can I fix this?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: system version 6.3.4 serial number D01EA0A205408CL
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: STARTED IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS no troubleshooting tried yet
JA: What can I say?
Customer: my plug to charge battery is not working either
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have charged it in the past with a plug that was not the factory plug that came with purchase
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.