Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Kindle Paperwhite for many years. From January this

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Paperwhite for many years. From January this year my purchases from the Kindle store have not been received as per usual. They normally go to both Kindle and to my computer but now I can see them on my computer but they haven't been delivered to my Kindle. There are approx. 9 books I have requested but not received. Can you help. Cheers Linda
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: As I it is a Kindle Paperwhite and over eightyears olk
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said it is a Kindle Paperwhite possible eight years old.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried the rebooting of the kindle but still not getting my books
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually". Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I don't want a phone call but having paid already I would like an answer
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

Please see above.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will try that, With thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Is further information / assistance still needed with this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No nothing you have recommended has helped at all
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear of this.

Still, please consider/try:

• turn Off and restart/re-boot the Kindle;
  • disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the book or app fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle app or device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the ebook or app that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the book or app be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon;
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.