Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Im trying to connect to Internet on my Kindle but it won't

Customer Question

Im trying to connect to Internet on my Kindle but it won't allow me cause the date is wrong I can't change it cause I need to be connected the time is right date says July 29 2013
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle fire hdx8.9 3rd generation 3 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today I used it yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted ?

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please consider / try performing a software update of the Kindle manually with the use of a computer.

Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually". Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.