Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I ordered two books "The Forgotten" and "The Paris

Customer Question

I ordered two books "The Forgotten" and "The Paris Protection" both Kindle Edition - "The Paris Protection" was immediately delivered to my Kindle, but "The Forgotten" has not reached my Kindle as yet -
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it just says "Kindle" on the backside - I have no idea the model number
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had no problems with previous orders this is the first time this has happened -
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I'm wondering what could have happened - no problems so far and my Kindle is about three years old -
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, are you able to login into your Amazon account?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no problem
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried / can you please try:

• turn Off and restart/re-boot the Kindle;
  • disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the "The Forgotten" fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the "The Forgotten" that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the "The Forgotten" to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the "The Forgotten" be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon;
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will call later -
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

...and yes please; an update later or when conveniently able.