Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Second opinion] don't remember my passcode, kindle amazon, I

Customer Question

Second opinion] don't remember my passcode
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle amazon
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used the kindle for over a year, and my wife has just ordered a book for it.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, help
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You may have to reset the Kindle device, wiping it back to factory settings. This is done by holding down the Power button for 20+ seconds until it restarts, then waiting several minutes while it wipes back to factory-issued condition, and then prompts you for basic settings like language and perhaps date/time.

And then you connect it to WiFi, touching the antenna icon.

And then when connected to WiFi, you Register the Kindle to your Amazon account.

And then you can re-download - without additional charge - the books you already bought, which are still in your Amazon account.

Does this sound like a good thing to try? I will help you with it at any point if it becomes difficult.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise you further.)

Thanks.