Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Don't remember my passcode, kindle amazon, I haven't used

Customer Question

don't remember my passcode
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle amazon
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't used the kindle for over a year, and my wife has just ordered a book for it.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, help
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

If you forget your password, reset your Kindle by entering "resetmykindle" as the Parental Controls password.

Resetting your Kindle will remove all content downloaded to it. Any content that is already saved to Your Kindle Library in the Cloud will remain in the Cloud. You can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------