Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Second opinion] how do I contact customer support, I just

Customer Question

Second opinion] how do I contact customer support
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I just received it today
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have no instruction manual about setting up my kindle
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do I set up the kindle!!!!!!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, when your Kindle is new, it ought to prompt you for basic setup choices such as Language, etc. (If it does not, reset it first, by holding the Power switch/button for 20+ seconds, and waiting for 2 or 3 minutes for it to finally prompt you for basic setup choices, as I said.)

Second, when that's done, you may tap on the antenna icon, to connect to the WiFi. This is necessary before further steps may be taken.

Third, once you're connected to WiFi and to internet through it, you may Register your Kindle device, by going to Settings, Registration (more or less, depending upon the exact model of Kindle used) Register

and hopefully you already have an Amazon.com account to register it to, and if so, choose the option to use an already existing Amazon.com account.

Enter the Amazon.com account email address/username, then the password ***** that account, when prompted for. That ought to get your Kindle registered.

Then you ought to be OK to buy books, or download books already bought from your My Library.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.