Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I try to do a search on my kindle, it immediately takes

When I try to do a search on my kindle, it immediately takes me to a scam message about a man mistakenly cremated. How may I remove that interference?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet 2014 4th Generation, I think
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For several months, and I had no idea what to do to troubleshoot.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I know of...

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.