Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Well, I have lost or misplaced my kindle with about 100

Customer Question

Well, I have lost or misplaced my kindle with about 100 books on it. Any help possible? Is there a record of my books? Can I buy another more recent kindle and have my books transferred over?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It has to be about 10 years old, and can't find paper identifying it. So is this hopeless?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everyone I know (family, cleaning lady etc.) has been looking for many weeks, but no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, don't think so.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, are you able to login into your Amazon account? ...even using a computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought I did. 47 melissa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try this again later. Thanks. ***** already paid my $5. Helen Ganopole
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

For your account's safety and protection, Amazon recommends to deregister the lost Kindle.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This expert is trying, but at 88 I am little help. I will try when a computer literate son is visiting! Many thanks!
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Yes please and when able:

De-registering your device will prevent purchases from being made on your Amazon account using the device. Before deregistering, please make note of your device's serial number. You can find this in Manage Your Content and Devices under the Your Devices tab. When you contact Amazon Customer Service, we will mark the device as “Lost / Stolen” which prevents the device from being registered to another Amazon account in most cases.

To de-register your device:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and select the Your Devices tab.
  2. Select the desired device, copy its serial number to provide to Customer Service, then click the Deregister link underneath the device name.
  3. In the pop-up message, select the Deregister button.

Once your device has been de-registered, you should contact Amazon Customer Service as soon as possible. You can contact Amazon Customer Service by clicking the Contact Us button located on the left side of every Help page on the Amazon website.