E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Alo thanks for supporting me, it has amonst a year where

Customer Question
alo thanks for supporting me JA...
alo thanks for supporting me
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it has amonst a year where should I send it to amazon for fixing? it is better to fix or to buy a new one
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything... hold for 45 sec... charge it up it is green and hold again it is really frozen
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it falls in the floor... perhaps it is the reason
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 4 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
Unfortunately this does sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then wait 15 minutes, then hold the power button for 60 seconds, then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,
You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician