Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My kindle is only. About 12 months old but started to

Customer Question

My kindle is only. About 12 months old but started to malfunction. Have tried to re boot but it tells me I have used the wrong password. Have tried all my usual passwords but no success. What do Ido.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: You asked for make and model no.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i held switch down for 40 seconds in an attempt to reboot it ,but no success.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the details are, amazon kindle paper white, model DP75SDl and there is another no. ceo700
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 2 months ago.
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
Try this on your Paperwhite, reset your Kindle by entering “111222777″ as the parental controls / screen lock password.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have received the temporary password ***** you on gmail , what do I do next

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by choosing one of the stars at the top of your screen and then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please see my message above and advise me what to do with the temporary password ***** was given or was that from a different operator in your organization

Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the gmail address to reset the password ***** your Amazon account by going to Amazon.com on your computer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I send you the temporary password ***** sign in at just answer which is what it seems to say
No. If you requested the password ***** the Amazon or Kindle account it will need for the Amazon account.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your technician sent me the temporary password ***** Gmail ,please check and get back to me

Okay.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still working on my matter Randy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The gmail message gave me the temporary password ***** sign in at just answer. The temporary password ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Randy , if you are still working with me on this problem let me know asap please
Peter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, 24 hours is too long to wait. Please put me back to Randy it is just that he seems to have lost contact with me .
Peter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Randy , you seem to have stopped communicating with me .
Please resume communications .
Peter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would really like to fix this problem today , note I am in Australia so can't really afford an overseas telephone call to you as I presume that tou are in the US.
Peter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am thinking that the simplest way to fix the problem , would be to set me up with a new password ***** reset the Kindle and and start the whole process again , even if it means all my library of Kindle books may be lost .
I await an answer . Please note my skills are quite limited in working through this process .
Regards
Peter
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sure do , in the meantime I have arranged a new password ***** still can't register . I probably demobilised it ,in hope of getting it to function again.
Regardes
Peter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to spend more money than already and note that I am in Australia
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi Peter,

What do you see on the Kindle screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I turned the screen on ,and it went through thye rebooting process.
2 screen then comes up with ,"User's guide , set up your kindle and then when i try to register it won't allow.
Peter
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

What is the error message that you see?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Message is:"your Kindle is unable to connect to the WiFi network.The password ***** entered is incorrect. Have tried again and again but no success . This is at least the second new password ***** I have registered but message is the same .
I am at a loss
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Peter,

Would you like to register the Kindle over the phone?