Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

All of a sudden, my kindle has a couple of lines across the

Customer Question

All of a sudden, my kindle has a couple of white lines across the screen which block out the words. I have no ideas what happened. Can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't remember how long I've had it but it's been 5 or 6 years I think. May be a lot more. I don't know what model it is. Is that information somewhere on the reader?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I happened on July 11. I was sleeping in a tent, read before I fell asleep. I awoke in the middle of the night and when I turned it on, the lines appeared. It didn't rain so it didn't get wet but it may have been damp and cool. Someone suggested if it got moisture in it, to put it in rice which I did for two day. I just checked it and the lines are still there.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that about it. connect me with who?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 2 months ago.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.