E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have been trying to connect to my home wi-fi and it will

Customer Question
not connect. The airplane mode...
I have been trying to connect to my home wi-fi and it will not connect. The airplane mode is off and the password ***** ***** after5 tries. Everyother device connects using the same password ***** but not my kindle 2. what can I try next.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I can';t remember but at least two years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just noticed this in the last couple of weeks when Books that I had purchased did not show up
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I est the reader and still nothing
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
7/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you, in entering the characters (letters or numbers) of your WiFi passphrase or password, observed strictly and entered correctly, the distinction between UPPER CASE and lower-case letters?

Done correctly

OK, then... tell me, what does the 'antenna' icon look like at present, on the device?

When you tap on the antenna icon, what shows up?

since it will not connect there is no antenna showing ,.Wit shows wi-fi networks it is solid three black bars
it keeps coming back as wi-fi error and is unable to connect

No antenna icon showing? OK... are you sure that WiFi is turned On?

it is this iPad is connected and it works

So you cannot connect it, but it is connected??

Try disabling the fast internet or fast data service or the 2G/3G/4G in the Network settings of your iPad. Then, make sure WiFi is turned On, Enabled, in the Wireless or WiFi section of the Settings under Networks or Netwoking.

Then try to connect... sometimes fast data interferes with WiFi connections.

Let me know what result you get and what you observe, please.

When it scans and shows the WiFi available it shows mine and two neighbors when I try to connect to mine it will not connect and error

I proposed disabling the fast connection for now, and then trying to connect to WiFi - since it is connected somehow, that seems right to try.

Did you try that ?

I have tried tha t and still shows error.I tried a reboot of the device and still the same. Is it possible my device is an anchor?
By the way I am trying to connect Kindle and my iPad ,phone and laptop are all connected

Perhaps the WiFi function is indeed 'broken'. How old is the iPad in question? and has it been well treated never dropped and never overheated... or is it a Kindle device that you are having problems connecting? please make that clear.

I think it would be ideal to try connecting to a different WiFi altogether, e.g. public WiFi in a library, to be quite sure that your device's WiFi is defective. Though admittedly it does sound rather like it is defective.

Have you considered trying a factory reset on the device? for a Kindle, that's easy to do. Let me know and I will give you instructions.

I have donefactory a reset s o it looks like I got an anchor. This did not solvethe my problem andI am done

I think it would be ideal to try connecting to a different WiFi altogether, e.g. public WiFi in a library, to be quite sure that your device's WiFi is defective.

I hope that my work may be acknowledged, in having tried my best to solve the problem if it were solvable by the means I could offer and point you toward. (An Apple Store with a Genius Bar might be worth taking it to, if you thought it worth the trouble etc.)

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.

I am not satisfied and wll feep six the kindle.

Perhaps recycling the Kindle, so as not to pollute any river or land, would be best. (If you need advice as to recyclers of such electronics devices in your area, let me know your state of residence, and I will advise you as to the options.)

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

You are not a very good expertise you do not know that olive in Canada. The advise given so fa r presumed that I am an idiot. I am not satisfied so quit bugging me.
Russell H., Technician