Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I'm on my 4th Kindle, trying to set it up. I've charged it

Customer Question

I'm on my 4th Kindle, trying to set it up. I've charged it and everything should be working. I'm at Home and Back (2/6), and I'm trying to follow what it says. I've taped on Home on the picture of the Kindle and also where I know the home icon is on the actual screen, across top, and nothing at all happens.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It just came in mail today -- all I know is it's a paper white version 3, I think.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just came 20 minutes ago. What I'm doing now is the only troubleshooting I've tried because this is what the directions said to do.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what it would be; I've used a Kindle for 6-7 years and I know how to tap on the screen.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

It has been a while since we have communicated -- The question is still open which means that you may still need help and I have not been credited with helping you.

If you still need help, please reply back here so that I can help you.

If the issue is resolved or you do not need help anymore/would like to close the question, please take a minute and use the star rating at the top of this page to rate our session as 5 stars then press Submit which allows me to receive credit for helping you.