Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle only shows have the screen, D00901 model # just

Customer Question

My kindle only shows have the screen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: D00901 model #
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I replace it how to I get my books on a new one
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the screen doesn't flash. no image of tree. just turns white. when on only half the screen is readable. the bottem half is white
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thought this was only costing me $5 but I see I was charged $36 already. don't want to spend another $20 for you to tell me I need to by another kindle.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it doesn't reboot. just goes back to the same half screen
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. For this to be productive, please focus on our chat conversation here.

Also to confirm the 5 was just a deposit, you would have agreed to the total fee on the payment page.

Please make sure you complete this complete reboot process, exactly as described, a minimum of 5 times. Have you done so already?