info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My e -reader screen is frozen on the screensaver...what can

Customer Question

Good day my e -reader screen is frozen on the screensaver...what can I do..it is fully charged and no movement on screen took screen saver away to get access to home screen
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: kindle is paperwhite
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: bought is July last year..birthday present for my mother
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry my mother is with me in Namibia on holiday...no info on the kindle..reg as n family with my kindle. mothers kindle one with problem
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Since yesterday...try to load battery..tried to put on and of on button....no respond at all. worked perfect yesterday morning....searched books on my kindle to buy new books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

Do you need more help with this please?

Anthony