Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Ive got a kindle that I haven't use for a while, and I tried

Customer Question

hi ive got a kindle that I haven't use for a while, and I tried to download a book recently and the credit card on the kindle is outdated. there is also a book my daughter bought that was not paid for cause of that reason and is outstanding on the account. how can I put my new credit card the kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: shoo!!! its still the keyboard kindle not touch screen. thinks its about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can read all the books and go into the books to buy but then it wont let me change the c/card details
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: all I want to do is put my new c/card details in and buy new books please
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer (not the kindle)

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.