Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cannot get header. need to purchase book, not sure, have to

Customer Question

cannot get header. need to purchase book
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: not sure, have to check. it is a kindle and I usually order thru amazon. this number shows up on my cc statement, 868***-***-****
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: started earlier today when needed charging. not sure what to do
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: was fine last night
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 days ago.

Kathy, please view my reply. I posted an answer for you to fix your Kindle and it appears you have not yet viewed it. The page you posted your question on is where I posted replies.