Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I charged my Kindle just like normal, but now I can't open

I charged my Kindle just like normal, but now I can't open it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's the paper white, about 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened about 5 days ago, I've been sliding my finger at the bottom, like I normally would but nothing happens. I don't know what else to try
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That did it! Thanks so much, I was worried I'd have to buy A new one. Have a great day!

Excellent! Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Do you need further assistance? Are you unable to find the stars to click on and rate me?