Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Second opinion] I cannot get my brand new Kindle Paperwhite

Customer Question

Second opinion] I cannot get my brand new Kindle Paperwhite to register.JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?Customer: It is brand new, just got it today. I did order it on line through Amazon.JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?Customer: It's been an ongoing problem. I've paid the Just Ask people and they couldn't even help me. I changed my password ***** my Amazon account and it's just not accepting itJA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?Customer: Yes, I've already paid the $20 charge for assistance and I can not afford to keep on paying itJA: The eReader Specialist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.Customer: I'm sure it is, but my husband won't let me use his credit card again!!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Theresa, first check that the Kindle has a working wifi connection.

Then try registering it again.

Let me know if that works?