Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Experience:  Software Development Engineer at Dell
94796889

I am trying to register a kindle that I bought in a garage

Customer Question

I am trying to register a kindle that I bought in a garage sale and cannot get it to connect
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: how can I tell
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought it today
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was advised to use the code B023 1701 2446 007C to register the reader
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

I would suggest factory resetting the device. I'm not sure who would have told you that code and I'm not sure where you would be expected to enter it, but basically a factory reset will make the Kindle as if it was a brand new Kindle from the store (as far as the software concerned).

Go Menu/Settings/Reset to factory defaults. You may need to page forward through the settings menu to get to that option.

If you can provide me with a picture or something to tell me the exact model, I'd be happy to provide more specific directions on how to reset the device.

Once you have reset the device, the Kindle will prompt you to login with your Amazon.com credentials (email and password). Make sure the Kindle has a wifi connection when you attempt this because it will need to connect to the internet to register. Some Kindles do have 3G built-in, so you may not need the wi-fi.

If this answers your question, great! IN that case, I'd greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you need more help, just reply to me here.

Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I just wanted to see if you still needed help, or were you able to get your new Kindle working?