Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

MY KINDLE FIRE WON'T OPEN, Several years old. It does not

Customer Question

MY KINDLE FIRE WON'T OPEN
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Several years old. It does not have a model number on it that I can see
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The first time this has happened. All I did was put it back in the charger for a couple of hours but it still didn't open
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have tried that several times to no avail
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not prefer to talk on the phone
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Please make sure you try the full process (the timing is critical and must be exact) a minimum of 5 times.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.