Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My old kindle will not charge any more guess I need a new

Customer Question

my old kindle will not charge any more guess I need a new battery
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: mol # D00901 amazon kindle keyboard
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Its said the battery empty I connected it to the wall and tried to charge it try overnight it didn't change
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the correct battery to buy
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 3 months ago.

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.

This sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then wait 15 minutes and press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.

Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,
You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!

Did that work for you?
Thank you very much!